lidbeckbrent

lidbeckbrent

Friday, November 11, 2011

Apples....November Style

Apple picking is always on my agenda in the fall but inevtably I come home with far more than I can ever use.
This wreath required some rebuilding, loosening, of the a grapevine wreath but I love the way the apples are nesteled in the vine. Thanks to Michale Partenio for making this gorgeous shot

Apple cider is at its best now and with Thanksgiving approaching it is a perfect non alchohlic beverage cold or hot.


Ct Homes and Gardens magazine asked me to create entertaining ideas for a Fall  Party. We had a picture perfect fall afternoon for shooting this  idea for serving cider.  For a inside or out party this combination of elements is easy to throw together. 

Use a large bowl and sit the bowl in the grapevine wreath,  ( I think I used two) surround with a variety of apples from the orchard. The gnarly ones on the ground are great for show!


















A simple way to serve the cider that looks so appealing: just ad a slice of apple. These great glass mugs are from Crate and Barrel

For some Apple cider recipes with a twist check out these great ideas from Coryanne Ettiene on her entertaining blog:
http://housewifebliss.visibli.com/share/DZ3W2a
or
http://housewifebliss.visibli.com/share/OhOWGD

All photos Bt Michael Partenio
Styling by Karin Lidbeck


2 comments:

  1. Through the wonders of Pinterest and blogland I stumbled upon your photo of the apple cider punch bowl tablescape. I love the cups and pitcher!! I've been hunting online for information with no luck. Do you happen to know any details about them? Are they enamelware or pottery? Manufacturer? I hope you see this comment and can point me in the right direction. Your styling is just beautiful and I realize I've seen your work many times over the years in favorite publications. Congrats! Regards, Barbara Livdahl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Barbara above, I stumbled upon this post from Pinterest. This is a beautiful presentation. I've pinned this and hope to use your idea soon. Thanks! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete